I'm sitting here in a huge, empty, Viennesse apartment feeling reflective. It's odd finishing out the year in another country, so far from friends and family. 2011 been the most eventful year on record for me and, for posterity's sake, here are some of the highlights:
- Chase No Face's owner sent me a pic of Chase with my art!
- I got a tour of Lucasfilm from Bonnie Burton (then we proceeded to become shrimp addicts)
- Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle was incredible
- My folks came to visit and we got to hang out with Kitten on the Keys in Japantown
- This lady brought me a cake at Wondcon with my art on it!
- Warhol Reimagined at Project 1 happened
- Photobooth fun at Attaboy and Annie's wedding
- Maker Fair with robot friends
- I crashed an anime show with DJ Bardot
- Too much fun at Burlesque Hall of Fame Weekend in Las Vegas
- Epic outdoor adventures in Michigan with family
- I worked the Hi-Fructose booth at Comic Con Int'l
- Portraits by Purebred, Wednesday Kirwan, and Sharie's Craft World
- I stayed pickled for an entire weekend at Tiki Oasis in San Diego
- New York City trip featuring Kaiju Big Battel, New York Comic Con, and Buzz Aldrin!
- Lucasfilm Halloween Party with Bonnie Burton and friends
- Roboexotica 2011
- Winter art residency at MuseumsQuartier in Vienna, Austria
- Guest lecturer in Graz, Austria
- Minotaur obsession
There you have it. What's in store for 2012? Definitely more artwork, more adventures, and more fun! I hope that you are part of it. Happy New Year to you and yours.